The name, "Choice is an Illusion," is a take off on the suicide/euthanasia advocacy group, Compassion & Choices, whose materials are sometimes, shall we say, misleading?
To learn more about the former Hemlock Society, now known as Compassion and Choices, click here, here. and here.
New York Memo - Web Version
- Dore JURIST article
- What People Mean When They Say They Want to Die
- Dore ABA Article
- Beware of Vultures
- Our Board
- Mild Stroke Led to Mother's Forced Starvation
- Dore Law Review Article on Oregon and Washington
- Legal/Policy Analysis of DC Bill
- Hospice/Palliative Care Abuse
- Quick Facts
- Maryland Senator Withdraws Assisted Suicide Bill
- Letter to MP Ouellette
- Assisted Suicide Proponents Wilt
- Minnesota Senator Withdraws Bill
- Dore Australian Presentation
- New York Memo - Web Version
- New York Press Release
- South Africa Expert Witness Affidavit
- Sign up to stay in touch!
Thursday, July 14, 2016
For print version, click here.
Salt Lake City, UT -- Attorney Margaret Dore, president of Choice is an Illusion, which has fought assisted suicide legalization efforts in many states, and now Utah, made the following statement in connection with a bill pending before the Utah Legislature. (HB 264).
"The bill has an application process to obtain the lethal dose," said Dore. "The process includes a written lethal dose request form with two required witnesses. One of the witnesses is allowed to be the patient's heir who will financially benefit from the patient's death."
Saturday, July 9, 2016
To view article as a pdf, click here, look at the lower half of the page: https://choiceisanillusion.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/john-kelly-fenway-news-me-b4u-w-highlight-july_2016_screen.pdf
BY JOHN KELLY
Every evening for the past month, you’ve been able to watch me get euthanized at the Regal Fenway Stadium 13. Not to worry, it’s my choice, and neither fantastic wealth nor mutual love with a beautiful woman dissuade me.
BY JOHN KELLY
|"It was heartening at our protests to receive |
so much support from moviegoers and passersby."
Thursday, July 7, 2016
To view testimony as a pdf, click here.
1. I strongly urge you to Vote No on HB 264, which seeks to legalize physician assisted suicide in Utah
|Photo of me and my patient Jeanette Hall, 15 years after|
I talked her out of assisted suicide in Oregon
Photo credit - Daily Signal
I am a cancer doctor in Oregon, where physician-assisted suicide is legal. I was also raised in Logan, graduated from USU, and received my MD from the University of Utah Medical School 50 years ago. I am Professor Emeritus and former chair of the Department of Radiation Oncology at Oregon Health and Science University. I regularly visit Utah. I continue to practice in my cancer medical specialty.