* Passing the proposed bill will encourage people with years or decades to live to throw away their lives.
* The bill is sold as voluntary, but does not even have a provision requiring administration of the lethal dose to be voluntary.
* Assisting persons can have their own agendas: an adult child wanting an inheritance; a financial predator seeking financial gain; or a doctor wanting to hide malpractice.
* Administration of the lethal dose is allowed to occur in private without a doctor or witness present. If the patient objected, or even struggled, who would know?
* The death certificate will list a terminal condition as the cause of death. This will prevent prosecution for murder, no matter what the facts.
* The bill, if passed, will create the perfect crime.